When it comes to ourselves, we are our own worst critic. I can hear voices in my head telling me I’m not good enough, not thin enough, and not pretty enough. Although it’s easy to tell someone to stay positive, it’s difficult when we have all these negative thoughts clouding our minds and bringing us down.
When this happens, I like to do this visualization.
- Close your eyes and start to take deep breaths. Fill up your belly as you inhale, and draw your navel in as you exhale.
- Imagine a white circle with all your thoughts written over it.
- It may get very crowded, but try to squeeze them all inside the circle.
- Now take a deep inhale, and as you exhale, blow these thoughts towards the edge of the circle
- Take as many deep inhales and exhales you need until you have blown all of these words off the edge, leaving a blank white circle.
- Breathe as you think about what you would like to write inside your blank circle. It may be “I am loved”, “I am beautiful”, or anything that makes you feel good inside.
- Take a deep breath again, and this time as you inhale, breathe in this circle of positive energy into your heart.
- Exhale as you slowly open up your eyes.
Hopefully you will be able to see your world in a whole different light and keep up a positive attitude for the rest of you day!
Namaste : )