Apart from getting the mail at the post office everyday, the most exciting thing for us is going through the weekly flyers and figuring out what to buy every weekend. We have been experimenting with different ways of cooking meat and vegetables, making our own versions of various dishes.
Here is a very simple recipe for my favorite dish potatoes with bell pepper. It taste great with rice.
- 1 Potato thinly sliced into pieces (like potato chips)
- 1 Bell pepper sliced
- Dash of Salt
- Oil (vegetable or canola)
- Heat oil in frying pan until hot, then add in the sliced peppers
- Stir fry until the peppers are done, remove them out of the pan and place them aside.
- Add thinly sliced potatoes and a bit more oil.
- Stir fry the potatoes until you don’t see any light color on them. You can add a dab of water to keep the potatoes crispy.
- Once the potatoes are golden on both sides, add in the peppers again.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt, and stir fry for another 2 min.
- You’re done!
You can also add in meat of your choice, I find that chicken and pork works best. Stir fry the meat and put it in at the end with the peppers in step 5. Last night we made potatoes with red peppers and pork, along with spinach mushrooms in garlic sauce. The rest of pork we sliced into pieces with hot sauce on the side.
Hopefully by the time we leave Greenwood I will have more dishes under my belt. Better start cracking!